Your lash artist will use a medical grade adhesive, made especially for use around the eyes to apply a synthetic (or false) lash extension to each individual eyelash. Due to the intricate nature, the process takes about an hour and a half to two hours for a first time visit. A re-fill takes about 45 mins to an hour. Volume lashes will take a bit more time.
As long as the extensions are applied correctly there will be no damage to your natural lash. If applied incorrectly, the result could be damaging and take months to get them back to normal. At The Lash Studio we take pride in our extensive education, which includes three certifications and years of experience to make sure we provide the best service possible so we can maintain the integrity and health of your natural lashes.
We offer three different techniques
The CLASSIC technique, where one extension is applied to one natural lash.
The VOLUME technique, which is a multi-lash technique where 2-6 extensions are fanned out and applied to one natural lash creating a natural fluffy look with up to 6x the volume as a classic set. It can be as natural or dramatic as desired.
And our last technique, the HYBRID, which is a combination of both classic and volume to give the client a natural option with a bit more volume than classic.
Every technique can be tailored to each clients desire. From natural to dramatic... we offer it all!
We are the only studio in the area with such extensive training. The volume technique was originally developed in Russia (Russian Volume) and we have been trained by the founder of the Russian Institute of Eyelash Extensions. We are also certified by the National Eyelash Extensions and Safety Association.
The Lash Studio after care tips:
- Avoid getting your new eye lashes moist with water, creams, cleansers or any other type of product during the initial 24 hours.
- Avoid rubbing your eyes.
- Avoid excessively hot baths, showers or steam rooms. High heat will change the adhesive’s optimal chemical properties and lead to faster break down of the glue.
- Do not use a eyelash curler. • Do not pull or pluck at your eyelashes. This may cause your natural eyelashes to fall out prematurely before its full growing cycle has matured.
- Do not sleep on or “crush” your lashes. This will create stress on the extension and cause them to fall out sooner.
- Do not use oil-based products. They will loosen the lash extension’s glue bond.
- Check and be certain that your face cleansers and cosmetics don’t contain glycols and other solvents.
- Wash your lashes with a gentle foam cleanser (such as baby shampoo).